Please send any comments to email@example.com
I was born and grew up around Trenton NJ, USA.
Worked for 20 years as a computer programmer, first at Bell Labs, then in Silicon Valley.
Retired at age 43, and lived and cruised on a sailboat for 13 years, first in the USA and then in the Caribbean. (My final daily log file.)
Met a lady in Barcelona, and decided to give up cruising and live with her in Spain. Lived in Barcelona for about a year, lived in Jerez de la Frontera for more than a year, now living in Barcelona again. (My latest daily diary.)
RSS feed of diaries of travel, living on a boat, and living in Europe
- 1958: born in NJ.
- 1972: started high school at Hun School in Princeton NJ.
- 1976: physics class at Princeton University taught by Gerard O'Neill.
- 1976: graduated high school.
- 1976: started college at University of Virginia.
- ???: worked two summers as student at Princeton Plasma Physica Laboratory.
- 1980: graduated college with BS in Computer Science.
- 1980: started work at Bell Labs in Holmdel NJ.
- 1980: started graduate study at USC in Los Angeles.
- 1981: graduated from USC with MS in Computer Science.
- 1988: left job at Bell Labs.
- 1988: started job at Voysys Corp (voice mail software) in Sunnyvale CA.
- 1996: left job at Voysys.
- ???: worked at voice-HTML startup.
- ???: worked at Wayfarer (internet push software).
- ???: Wayfarer acquired by Vantive (CRM software).
- 1999/2000: Vantive acquired by PeopleSoft.
- 2001: left job at PeopleSoft.
- 2001: bought sailboat in Florida and started living aboard.
- 2013: first visit to Barcelona.
- 2015: moved to Barcelona, got residency.
- 2016: sold sailboat.
- 2018: married.
A couple of pictures of me:
And from Spain:
My GitHub repositories
Some things I like:
Educational videos on YouTube: Crash Course.
This web site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.